Friday, June 1, 2012

Roasted Asparagus Salad

Roasted asparagus sprinkled with a bit of herbs -- so good! But I now have two jars of salad dressing in the fridge, so I thought I would try a roasted asparagus salad tonight to go with our pasta e ceci supper. To keep the dressings from mixing, I divided the asparagus between two plates and then discovered it's really hard to take a photo of two plates that shows them both well. Please forgive.

The plate on the left has the Miso Tahini Dressing and the one on the right has Rolf's Mother's Chinese Salad Dressing. Both were good (I had a slight preference for the miso one, Brian for the Chinese one), but neither went particularly well with pasta e ceci. And neither compared to my all time favorite of roasted asparagus with the tiniest drizzle of garlic or lemon olive oil and herbs. At this point I'll quit trying to make a good -- make that great -- thing better and instead I'll try some salads that don't mess with my asparagus.

Out to lunch today with friends, and then dinner out tonight with Brian to celebrate our anniversary, so no homemade salad today.

No comments:

Post a Comment