Thursday, May 31, 2012

Kiwi Salad with Miso Tahini Dressing

This was not my usual salad, but that's the point of a salad a day -- trying something different.
I don't often have side salads -- usually I go for a main dish salad -- but I made this to round out my lunch yesterday. It was definitely green -- mixed leaves and a sliced kiwi. And it was delicious! The dressing is one I found on the Whole Foods website and I made it exactly as they suggested. I liked it. I don't usually care for thick, creamy dressings, but this one was tasty and acidic enough to counter the 'creaminess' (in quotes because there is actually no cream in it). I'll use up this dressing and will probably make it again at some point. Since it takes so long to go through a batch of salad dressing, I'll just make half next time.

Kiwi Salad with Miso Tahini Dressing*

mixed greens
sliced kiwi
Ginger Miso Dressing (from Whole Foods ) -- click here for the recipe

* Whole Foods puts ginger in the title, but it didn't taste all that gingery even though there's a big chunk of ginger in there. The tahini is more noticeable. I blended the ingredients in my VitaMix, so I didn't even need to strain out the ginger fibers.

No comments:

Post a Comment